whole body scan is a preventative health check-up: it is a general snapshot of an individual’s current state of health, and the perfect screening tool for those who wish to check for early detection of potential threats to overall wellbeing.
What Can Be Detected with Whole Body Imaging at AA Radiology?
- early stages of cancer, before symptoms arise (advanced cancer detection).
- small brain aneurysms, Multiple Sclerosis, brain masses and stroke.
- tumors and metastasis and help in cancer staging.
- abnormalities of liver, gall bladder, pancreas, kidneys, adrenals, spleen.
- gynecological and ovarian cancer and precise detection of pelviabdominal masses and their extension for local staging as well as distant metastasis in one image
- musculoskeletal concerns such as primary bone lesions or metastasis.
- precise assessment of spine congenital anomalies as well as assessment of spine alignment disorders such as scoliosis or kyphosis
- Spine degenerative changes including multilevel discogenic diseases, disc herniation, localization of spine and spinal cord lesions.
Not all Full Body MRI Scans are equal. Our state of the art Siemens AvantoFit MRI is a unique scanner that is truly capable of providing the necessary images for Advanced Cancer Detection Techniques. Our full body MRI machine, unlike other MRI machines currently available, produces images comparable to a Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanner, without the radiation.
Diffusion Weighted Imaging with Background Suppression (DWIBS) is able to distinguish a tumor in normal looking tissue. This is because unlike other MRI sequences, DWIBS shows the relatively dense molecular structure of the rapidly dividing tumor.
This sequence was designed to achieve images similar to a PET scan. Research has shown DWIBS achieves a diagnostic confidence comparable to that of a PET scan. A facility with this unique capability plays an important role when choosing an imaging center that’s right for you.
Until recently, most MRI machines were unable to perform a full body examination–they could only image individual parts where the study had to be stopped and the patient repositioned in a piecemeal fashion. Our machine is one of a few machines in the country that allows full body MRI imaging from head to toe.
We perform a thorough screening of the brain and entire spine, with a complete systematic review of all the abdominal and pelvic organs. We believe in the central role of comprehensive risk factor assessment and screening technologies in the early detection of disease.
Example images from a completed dataset
(A) Composed STIR and (B) T1w spine images, (C) sagittal projection of inverted b900 MIP